TOTO MS990CGR-01 Neorest Elongated Toilet and Washlet Unit with Metallic Stick Remote, Cotton White from TOTO Reviews
The 600 Neorest Is One of the Best (but there's room for improvements)
A. Dent from Minas Anor, GD - 4 out of 5.Let's be open and frank people. In today's overcharged, competitive, frantic world, some of the most quiet, relaxing and deeply intimate times are those we spend in the bathroom, on the toilet. Here we are safe, alone, surrounded by clean, shiny, familiar appliances, some powered by clean electricity, others delivering clean water, hot or cold or in-between as it may please us through plumbing that works and disposing of the spent fluids through quick and efficient drains. The bathroom is that safe and secure place where the light is not too bright but bright enough to allow for reading, the door locks, the air is clean, fresh and fragrant and then... ohhh... then there's our TOTO Sedona Neorest 600 toilet, one of our life's most secret sources of pleasure, the piece de resistance we can sit on, relax, enjoy ourselves and forget about everything else - within legal limits, of course.
The TOTO Neorest 600 comes with a lid that automatically opens upon proximity, an air purifier, a toilet-paper-eliminating washer and drier (the enviroment thanks TOTO for this), automatic flush, a warmable seat, user-controlled water temperature and, of course, TOTO's own Cyclone Flush - better keep your distance.
What's not to like in a TOTO Neorest 600? Well... maybe there is a thing or 2 so, let me write them down:
- remote control batteries hard to find
- not supported by my Harmony 1100 Advanced Universal Remote Control with 3.5-Inch Color Touch Screen
- no iPod/iPhone support
- the Cyclone Flush noise is too loud, could disturb family and neighbors
- self-cleaning only works on the inside but who is going to clean the outside?
- old-school plumber could not fix it when it broke because he wasn't familiar with the electronics
- broadband is fine but there is no WiFi option
- dog can't drink off it because the lid is always closed when not in use
- doesn't work when the power goes out and there is no backup battery or backup generator option for this model
- on a couple of occasions the washer-drier turned itself on before I was finished and then refused to work after I was really done
- it's difficult to toilet-train toddlers because it can't be operated without a license and you can't get a license unless you take the class and pass the exam
- insurance refuses to cover it
- user's manual written in an English I can't understand
- off-shore technical support insists that we go into a video conference every time I call for support
- 30-day free trial not available
- no bidet mode on this model
- no super-saver shipping
- no white glove delivery
Given the above shortcomings I have no choice but remove one star but I so hope that the next release will correct most if not all of them.
14 people voted this review as helpful and 10 people voted this review as unhelpful.
high end toilets
Kyle B. from Idaho - 5 out of 5.Well, here it is, folks, the ultimate toilet for people who consider it their personal mission to waste the earth and want only the best for their fanny. This baby even sprays off and dries your bottom; no t.p. required! [...]
Actually, the best toilet is a composting toilet in which the pee goes into a funnel and down a tube into a storage tank for use as fertilizer and the solids go into a composting box. Usually, these potties are built up high and there are two or more chambers. After the solids have composted for 6 months, you can just open the doors below to clean out the compost. The pee makes good good nitrogen fertilizer when diluted. You don't need toilet paper with type of toilet either because you can just rinse your butt with water from a used dish soap squirt bottle.
3 people voted this review as helpful and 20 people voted this review as unhelpful.